Apple Brown Betty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apple Brown Betty

Post by Jackson on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:37 pm

This is a recipe that is either from my mom of my great granma, they share the name Clara and it just says from Clara's on top. Anywho, it's tasty and I've made it with both apples and peaches so far this year and I thought I would share since it's yummy and easy.

6-8 Apples - cut up in to slices or chunks. (I have used peaches as well, I just fill whatever size baking dish I want to fill, so different amounts may apply)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup flour (either)
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon (or however much you prefer. The recipe says add to the apples, but I add into the other ingredients)

Slice your fruit and put in your pan. (no greasing required) Mix sugars, flour and spice together in small bowl. Slice in butter and use your hands to squish it into a crumbly consistency. Sprinkle on top of fruit and into the fruit a bit. Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes depending on how done you like your fruit and/or how brown you prefer your topping. Best with a bit of vanilla ice cream! :-)

Definitely not the healthiest creation, but a southern favorite for sure. Would also work with berries I would think, the topping is very versatile. I would add a bit of sugar to any tart fruit though, let it sit with the sugar while you're making the topping, give a nice bit of juice.
Jackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Apple Brown Betty

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:39 am

Sounds yummy. I am in the mood to bake today. I might just do this one Wink

This siggy is brought to your viewing pleasure by the Letter M for Megan~Thanks so much~
~Annastasia~
Admin

View user profile http://ciaraspetcitycorner.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top