General Chitchat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chitchat

Post by Lins on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Anything you like!

I'll start. First day of the summer holidays for my daughter aged 12. And I'm sitting here wondering what I can do with her for six weeks. It was so much easier when she was younger.. we used to just pack off for the day to zoos, play areas, the beach. Now all she wants to do is Youtube haha!! I have managed to get drumming lessons for her Shocked She is a rock chick lol. And she does still enjoy the beach but prefers the shops area Very Happy

So today we've had a "friend" round - I say friend but actually it's the mum and I that are friends and our daughters clash really - always have done since Reception age. Both only children and a little bossy! It's always difficult when they're together so I'm a bit tired out right now after trying to keep conversation going lol. Tomorrow is a chill-out day and possibly DVD and popcorn plus walk the dog as our only activity.

I'm hoping we get to go to North Yorkshire at some point. This is where my father grew up and where most of my surviving relatives live. It also has some of the loveliest countryside.

This is Ella tiptoeing across the stream that runs through Huttle Le Hole a pretty little village on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Lins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Chitchat

Post by ResidentZombie on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Enjoy the vacations!! Wow- drumming lessons? That's so cool!!! ^_^
Ella's looking beautiful! And so is the scenery around her!! Very pretty! I hope I can visit someplace as pretty as that someday- sick of the desert here!!
ResidentZombie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sour on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:05 pm

I like her colour of clothes choice Lins Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lins on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Haha Jane she likes black and like a deep wine red.. her two favourites. I've had to chuck out loads of clothes she just won't wear any more Very Happy Very Happy

Lins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sour on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Lins wrote:Haha Jane she likes black and like a deep wine red.. her two favourites. I've had to chuck out loads of clothes she just won't wear any more Very Happy Very Happy

I'm so proud of her Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:41 pm

I've been blessed that our new house has a kid the same age as my oldest. He attends public school and is home most the time now. The boys will all play together outside for hours, makes for an easy bedtime! It's also a curse though, talk about a grating voice! He has broken 2 of my boys toys so far from being way too rough, it's pretty obvious he gets whatever he wants at his house, so he probably doesn't understand that for my boys, if it gets broken, we can't replace it. I honestly wanna smack him. Resisting though and waiting for school to start back!
We've been loosely doing our homeschool through this summer, nothing sit down or anything, largely because my boys are action learners. We've been mostly focusing on insects and spiders, doing a nice unit study. Go and see what we can find, come in and identify, learn their purpose in our ecosystem. Learning about how to tell the difference between different bugs, which are good and which are bad. (ie which I'll let them smash). It will be interesting homeschooling with a new baby! Especially since I actually have to test Jack at the end of this coming school year to show progress. Siiiigh... I know it's the right path for us though, so I'll just keep plugging along. :-)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ResidentZombie on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:20 pm

You guys sound like awesome mums.

My summer's going to remain with me holed up in my home with chores and all... and books/games/tv shows... lol there's nowhere to go.

Btw, already shared on SSS on FB lol but finally finished my degree: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) - English : Second Class Honours (Upper Division) Very Happy Happy. Relieved. Overwhelmed. Mostly grateful! The examiners have been kind. ^^ Will miss studying though I barely did any... but I think some nerdy bit of me liked writing those timed essays- as stressful as it was lol.
ResidentZombie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sour on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Well done Zombie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ResidentZombie on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Jane Sour wrote:Well done Zombie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks love :3 bounce
ResidentZombie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:00 pm

My kids are working on school stuffs, and at the moment not driving me mad. I do have good kids somehow scratch I don't have to worry about their summer needs, as I am at work all day and they are home with school stuffs, and online friends LOL It is so hot, and we don't have a pool, so not much going on outside these days.

This siggy is brought to your viewing pleasure by the Letter M for Megan~Thanks so much~
~Annastasia~
Admin

View user profile http://ciaraspetcitycorner.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ashafer84 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:19 pm

we've been renovating this summer. Although I'm not ready to go back to work (Im a teacher) remodeling is the devil and I'm ready to do something else! lol.

ashafer84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sour on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:29 am

ashafer84 wrote:we've been renovating this summer. Although I'm not ready to go back to work (Im a teacher) remodeling is the devil and I'm ready to do something else! lol.

That's a lot a work. Going back to work will be like a vacation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Ashley...renovating is hard work. After awhile you get sick of looking at it and wish you never started, but when it's over it is great [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This siggy is brought to your viewing pleasure by the Letter M for Megan~Thanks so much~
~Annastasia~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lins on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Well done dear Zombie xx

It's really interesting about the home schooling. I think, looking back, it may have been the right route to go. I was of the opinion, though, that I wanted Ella in school with other kids as she doesn't have any siblings unfortunately. But seeing people have done it in our area and there are loads of groups that meet up so almost like a school environment. All in all, our choice of schools hasn't been that great. We've had problems with the Head Teachers since starting junior school.. the first was dreadful, made loads of mistakes and actually put Ella at risk (brought peanut snack bars into the school for the kids whilst they were doing their SATS tests). Fortunately she was old enough to know she couldn't have them and thankfully hers is not an airborne allergy but he didn't know that. He oiled his way out of that one and with six weeks to go (and him leaving the area for another school) I did let it drop but I did tell him what I thought of him!! The latest secondary school head has erm been dipping his wick with his secretary and has been forced to leave affraid so who knows what the new one will be like and whether he will make horrible changes lol.

But saying that, both schools had excellent reputations.. the junior one went downhill with the Head who joined same time as we did. Still my girl has managed to do well at school. So I think the old adage works.. if you have a child who wants to do well or has the ability to do well, they will, whatever the school circumstances!!

Horrible wet day ALL day today. She had a friend round from 1.30 and I eventually took her home around 9 lol. So at least she hasn't been bored... yet!

Lins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lins on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Ashley.. renovating.. OMG my hubby's been boarding out our loft.. taken him ages (alongside work) and he's almost knackered himself lol!! x

Lins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 am

~Annastasia~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lins on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 am

Morning lovely! We are getting ready for drumming lessons today Very Happy should be interesting! And I will also will mostly be looking for accommodation for our Yorkshire mini trip Wink

Lins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:51 am

I tried to post and a maintenance thingy popped up. I think they are do some global maintenance today Razz I am going to take some days off next year and go somewhere. We never get to go on vacation or anything. As to the drumming...I have no rhythm and can't even clap right Embarassed

~Annastasia~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lins on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Drumming went really well.. guy was so laid back he was almost horizontal but he got her doing some rhythm or other and he was joining in with the keyboards.. sounded really cool. So she's going for an hour next week.. remind me to get out on the streets to earn some more cash o.O

Lins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashabelle on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:14 pm

At the laundry mat today. Have few errands to run, might possible stop at the library for the moms. She has surgery in a couple days and she's a big reader. She'll be down to up to 3 weeks so we need get her some more books~!

Last edited by Ashabelle on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i cant spell okay.)
Ashabelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Ashley~I hope her surgery goes well, and she heals quickly. I have been completely lazy today. I did some reading/napping/nothing really. We are out of everything around here and payday isn't till Thursday, so we are angry bears trying not to kill each other LOL

~Annastasia~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:12 pm

And Lins....yay for drumming that went well. Let me know how to earn some cash and I will join you. I applied for two other posts at work. Both are in our corporate office. It would move me to the other side of town, but they pay more...just hope I get considered for one of them. There were three jobs to apply for, but we are only allowed to do two O.o

~Annastasia~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 pm

We headed out to our favorite farm stand for our weekly produce this morning, stopped at Michaels to let my youngest pick some yarn for the blanket I'm going to knit him. I've been stocking up for things to keep me from getting bored after baby (ha), my midwife is insistent I take advantage of the hubs being home for two weeks and just focus on feeding myself and the baby, should help my ppd not be as debilitating as with the other two. We also stopped by a sale at our local toy store, can't beat cheap awesome toys! Now I'm taking a break from knitting another dish cloth to watch PC videos in my alts. Feet up for me on the weekend afternoons! I do hope you hear back about those jobs Annastasia, I know that would help a lot!
Jackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashabelle on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Thanks Anna , I hope its okay to call you that? Embarassed its a routine surgery but she still will be down.
Jackson you knit? thats so nifty! You can make so many things that way.
Ashabelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Annastasia~ on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 pm

I hope I hear from them too. I love my job, but my boss is a the sort that likes power and never gives you a compliment. Anyway, I just know I need to improve my lot in life. I am thankful for having a job at all, but I want to move up the food chain rather than down Smile

Ashley, do call me Anna. People do it all the time. My real name is Stephanie, but that is a long story for a private message and not out for the world to see. OH doesn't that sound mysterious and exciting? I just blew my CIA cover though Shocked

~Annastasia~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top